Stupid F7 boot loop

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Aug 29 14:41:19 UTC 2007

Jonathan Allen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a stupid F7 box that won't boot.  It keeps wittering about a clutch
> of selinux errors:
>
>   udevd-event[1187]: selinux_setfscreatecon: matchpathcon(/dev/loop3) failed
>
> and screenfuls of similar garbage.  Then it tells me that an error occured
> during the file system check - which it didn't.  I give the root password
> and run fsck and there are no errors.  Reboot simply goes back into the
> same loop.  I can't edit /etc/selinux/config to disable selinux because the
> filestore is read-only and the live CD doesn't seem to want to let me mount
> the hard-disc to edit it that way.
>
> How can I return the machine to some kind of sanity without reinstalling ?
> This feels scarily like the monster from Redmond ...
>
> Jonathan

You can disable selinux to let you boot and relabel. When you get
the boot screen, hit a key so you get the boot menu. Then highlight
the first Linux entry, (up/down arrows) and hit e (for edit). Then
highlight the line that starts with kernel, and hit e again. Then
add selinux=0 to the end of the line. Hit b (for boot) and the
system should come up. From there you can deside if you want to
disable selinux, or relabel the system so selinux works correctly.

Mikkel