[OT] Connecting two hard drives on same IDE cable

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 15:08:26 UTC 2007

Most of the computers I've ever built had two hard drives. I always
install the master on the cable connector closest to the motherboard,
and the slave on the far end. I don't recall having problems with this
setup, which I learned because I have had motherboards that would not
recognize a master if it was on the end. Now, I have read from a
respected data-recovery source that the slave should in fact be on the
connector closest to the motherboard and the master on the end. Is
this accurate? What do the experienced people who frequent this list
know?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/