lsdvd?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu Aug 30 09:52:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:31:43 +1000
David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Tom Horsley wrote:
> > I'm considerably confused. Anyone know what is going on with lsdvd
> > and the livna versus fedora repos?
> >
> > I see an lsdvd update from the fedora updates that conflicts
> > with the existing lsdvd on my system, and I'm also horribly
> > confused by whats on my system now because lsdvd apparently comes
> > from two different rpms :-).
> yum list lsdvd says what ?

livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
adobe-linux-i386          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
updates                   100% |=========================| 1.9 kB    00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Installed Packages
lsdvd.x86_64                             0.16-4.lvn6            installed
Available Packages
lsdvd.x86_64                             0.16-5.fc7             updates

> > [root at zooty ~]# rpm -q -f /usr/bin/lsdvd
> > streamdvd-streamanalyze-0.4-6.lvn5
> > lsdvd-0.16-4.lvn6
> You seem to have bits from lvn for f5 and for f6. Which Fedora are you
> using ?

This is fedora 7 installed from scratch (not upgraded). I just assumed
the livna repo included various rpms that were originally built
for earlier releases because they hadn't changed.

> yum install yum-utils
> package cleanup --problems says what ?

This is weird, I watched it say it was installing fakeroot for
dependencies when I updated everything but lsdvd last night, yet
here is the package-cleanup output:

Setting up yum
No Repositories Available to Set Up
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Reading local RPM database
Processing all local requires
Missing dependencies:
Package rpmdevtools requires fakeroot

(I did a yum install fakeroot and now package-cleanup says
no problems - it doesn't seem to think /usr/bin/lsdvd being
owned by two different rpms is a problem).

> > A few other packages seem to depend on the streamdvd stuff,
> > but nothing seems to depend on the existing lsdvd.
> yum remove lsdvd {n} will tell you what is relying on it.

That's what I used to find no one depends on the lsdvd rpm.

I do see some livna bugzillas that say lsdvd and streamdvd
should be moved to fedora, so perhaps the repos are half way
through that process and once both are moved, everything
will update correctly.