twinview with nvidia FX 5200

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Aug 30 15:13:22 UTC 2007

> Also, 1.0-9755 is no longer supported.  You should upgrade to 100.14.11.

Oh it's so close...

I'm running 100.14.11 now, but it didn't really change anything. It's
definitely trying to display on my monitor, but the monitor doesn't like
it. In general a Generic LCD Display at 1024x768 (or 1280x1024) works on
this monitor.

So I looked at an xorg.conf from when the LCD was working correctly. In
that xorg.conf there was no Monitor section. So I removed my Monitor
section and now I get a display on both. Unfortunately it's pretty
crappy. Looks like the resolution on the LCD is 640x480 and the display
on the TV is squished. So I think it comes down to creating the correct
Monitor section. This is what was in there:

#Section "Monitor"
#    Identifier     "Monitor0"
#    VendorName     "Unknown"
#    ModelName      "Unknown"