Intel 82566DC-2 problem

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 18:03:09 UTC 2007

> What is in /etc/modprobe.conf?

The modprobe.conf on the computer in question hasn't been altered
manually, and looks like modprobe.conf on other Fedora 7 computers I
have.

> I have the below in mine for example. You would of course need
> parameters specific to your machine.
>
> Bad answer on my part. More curious than knowledgable with this type of
> problem.

At this point, everything is helpful.

I have 5 workstations, all purchased within three months of each
other.  All are the same model and the same specs were used to
purchase them.  The 3 older ones have 82566DM as their network
(according to lspci).  The 2 newest ones have 82566DC-2 according to
lspci.  DM works great, DC-2 not at  all.  And I just can't figure out
what to try next.

Mike