events/0 thread in kernels 2.6.22*fc6 causing scheduling latency

Mike Fleetwood mike.fleetwood at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:13:04 UTC 2007

On 29 Aug 2007, Andy Green wrote:
> How about running
>
> slabtop
>
> for a while and watch if anything is radically changing during the pause.
>
> Also, is it a laptop?  I saw this kind of behaviour a long time ago when
>  it was bitbanging to the battery sensor to find out the charge level.
>
> -Andy

I will give slabtop a go, but slabtop requires /proc/slabinfo which
requires kernel to be compiled with option CONFIG_SLAB which the
Fedora kernel and Linus' I compiled using the same configuration file
don't have.  I will add it to future compiles of the kernel.

No this is a desktop.  AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU and ASUS A8V Delux
motherboard.  Still using 32bit Fedora and kernel though.

Thanks,
Mike