KDE ssh-agent

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Aug 30 20:46:28 UTC 2007

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> For now, I commented out that part of the script.  I'm sure I will
> be reminded if I forget about it after an update.

Yep, after you scratch your head for half an hour wondering why things
have broken.  :)

> Considering your suggestion that I set the SSH_AGENT_PID variable,
> when does the xinitrc-common script run?  Before or after my
> .bashrc?  After some other standard script you might suggest?
> Thanks again for your help.

I think it runs after your bash profile is loaded, but I'd have to
test that to confirm it.  Try adding some variable to ~/.bash_profile
and then echo/test it from the xinitrc-common script.

> Noting your question I overlooked, I use one agent, but with several
> keys

What it is that breaks by having ssh agent started automatically?

Disobedience:  The silver lining to the cloud of servitude.
    -- Ambrose Bierce