LABEL's

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Aug 30 23:25:26 UTC 2007

    I was talked into using LABEL's because they make it easy to add new
partitions and such. I have a bunch now and they work fine.

    Alas, now that I am making 2 hard drives with the exact same F7 on
them LABEL is causing me all kinds of problems. Even the F7 Rescue
complained :-)

    So the only fix is for me to go back to exact partition names so I
can continue to get my understanding of dd complete. I think dd will
work fine IFF the partition your sending data to is larger than the one
it is coming from, and you do NOT put a file system in the destination
partition.

    So all my LABEL's are going to disappear.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User