Why only works with Xen Kernel ?

Newton myousbr at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 31 00:40:29 UTC 2007

Dear Friends :
I have an ASUS M2N-MX (sound and ethernet onboard), 4200 Athlon 64 X2, 2
Gb (DDR2), 250Gb SATA-II, 7300LE XFX (videocard) and, I'm trying many
Linux distributions, including Fedora, since 6 version (with this
machine - I knew Fedora, since first one) ! I'm very disappointed, cause
it only works with Xen Kernel    (2.6.20-2925.13.fc7xen)and, I can't use
my videocard acceleration, no desktop effects and so on ! Also
sometimes, I have sound at one speaker and, eventually, at both ! When I
try to boot with " normal " kernel (2.6.22.1-41.fc7) , hangs at starting
firewall or, when looking for hardware ! Is there a way to solve this
situation ? When I tried another distributions, I had another errors,
including frequency monitor (???), no sound, and so on... Debian Etch
(4.0), was the easiest install (almost all recognized) but extremely
unstable ! I lost how many times, I had to reset this machine !
Sincerely,
Newton - Brazil