Why only works with Xen Kernel ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 31 11:23:14 UTC 2007

Newton wrote:
> it only works with Xen Kernel    (2.6.20-2925.13.fc7xen)and, I can't use
> my videocard acceleration, no desktop effects and so on ! Also
> sometimes, I have sound at one speaker and, eventually, at both ! When I
> try to boot with " normal " kernel (2.6.22.1-41.fc7) , hangs at starting
> firewall or, when looking for hardware ! Is there a way to solve this
> situation ?

It might be worth trying the current f7 kernel-2.6.22.4-65.fc7 ?

You could try disabling the services you mentioned {temporarily}. If you
start in runlevel 1 {append "1" to the grub kernel line},
chkconfig -level 35 iptables off
chkconfig -level 35 kudzu off

It would be helpful to remove the rhgb and quiet options to see if any
additional information is printed before the hang.

DaveT.