DD not working--SUCCESS!

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:49:57 UTC 2007

>     I will get this hard drive out of the computer now and the use of dd
> was a success.
>

>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Excellent!  Thanks for the update.  Out of curiosity did you boot from
the rescue disk when you did your dd, or did you boot from the hard
drive you were cloning?  If you booted from the hard drive and then
cloned it while booted from it that would explain some of the quirky
issues you may have faced afterwards.  Because the clone would be of a
running system.  So booting from it would be comparable to booting
from a system that crashed (I'm making an educated guess at that one).

Jacques B.