help or recomendation for PCI-express graphics card

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Aug 31 13:51:01 UTC 2007

Simon Tierney wrote:
> I am still having problems with the system hanging at first time boot up
> stage after installing fedora 7 -it installs ok without error messages
> using an old matrox millennium G something pci card, but asks me to
> click an area to bottom right of the screen that is not visible at post
> installation first boot stage.
>
> I can't seem to resize the screen and it hangs when I move the mouse to
> the edge of the screen.
>
> Is there a way to get it to boot in text mode in case the default screen
> settings are too high definition for the card?

To boot in the text mode is fairly easy. If you get the hit any key
message with the countdown, press a key to get the boot menu. (Skip
if you always get the boot menu.)

At the boot menu, press e (edit). Scroll down to the line that lists
the kernel, and press e again. Scroll to the end of the line, and
add a space and 3. Then press b (boot) and the system should boot in
the text mode.

Mikkel