Linux suitable motherboard/µprocessor?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Aug 31 16:33:31 UTC 2007

Robin Laing wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>

>> Can someone tell me if this board and processor would be suitable for
>> Fedora 7?
>>
>> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3156977&sku=MBM-K8MM3V-3400&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1442C
>>

>> I have a some parts I would like to make into something usable,
>> including 500 megs of DDR PC3200 400mHz 256MB RAM.
>>
>> I don't have any exotic requirements, just a box for routine e-mail,
>> MySql, etc.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bob Goodwin
>>

> I would go to at least 1 or 2 gig or ram as the cost of ram is quite
> low at this time.  It is well worth it as it does make a difference to
> speed.

Yes, I am aware that more is better but I would start with what I have.

However I just called Tiger Direct and today the price is $10 higher,
the sale was only good for one or two days.  The difference is not
significant but it's a matter of principle now.

A few weeks ago I needed a power supply, they had one on sale for $15
but there was no way I could buy it for that price?  It cost me 30 plus
shipping, a fair enough price but not what was advertised and the ad was
effective when I ordered!

They seem to specialize in "come ons" and a lot of rebates!

/I should unsubscribe from there mail list I guess.

Bob Goodwin

/