OT : Approximate / fast math libraries ?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 19:56:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Friday 31 August 2007 8:48:49 pm Globe Trotter wrote:
> Btw, I usually use -O3 rather than -O2. I agree with the other poster: I am
> not sure getting rid of precision is a great idea.

I don't have overall control, so cannot just switch to -03 myself. I  did try
it out though and it didn't make a lot of difference. Maybe I should
investigate that a little deeper though to make sure something wasn't wrong.

Also, I agree with you in general on the precision, just in one particular
case I know I need much less than I am currently getting, and using atan2
seems to be taking significant cpu (w.r.t. the rest of the method, i.e. 50%
or so).

Chris