Problems with NIS and automount on fedora8

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Sat Dec 1 04:40:35 UTC 2007

Seeing your log messages might help. and output from rpcinfo -p. When
I get that slow NIS timeout torture, I usually try turning off the
firewall and selinux (just for a little test). Seems to me it is often
one of those, or nsswitch.conf. Did the NIS server even bind? Weird
output from /etc/init.d/ypbind restart?
HTH,
Dave