Recursive diff?

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Sat Dec 1 14:00:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 12:27:45PM -0700, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>    What's the best way to run diff against two folders, comparing every
> single file in each one?

The best way was always 'dircmp'.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be a
part of the standard distributions, but you should be able to find a copy
in either 'C' or shell somewhere.

I'd write one, except I have a copy of the original AT&T System V
shellscript version (from a copy I bought lo these many years ago from
Dell for $1100...and that was a CHEAP Unix!), so I couldn't do it without
being 'contaminated'.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat