Missing Dependency while installing TexLive

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:48:20 UTC 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 6:37 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to install TexLive on F8, but I am getting the following problem:
> >
> > Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: poppler = 0.6-2.fc8 is needed by package poppler-qt
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> It's a standard package in the F8 Everything repo. Do you have that
> repository set to enabled=1?
>
> There is a new version, but it's not in the updates-testing repo yet:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=26235
>
> Show what "yum repolist" prints.
> Show what "yum list poppler" prints.

Thanks, Michael:

# yum repolist
repo id              repo name                                 status
fedora               Fedora 8 - i386                           enabled
texlive              TeXLive 2007 for Fedora Core 8 - i386     enabled
updates              Fedora 8 - i386 - Updates                 enabled
#
# yum list poppler
Installed Packages
poppler.i386                             0.6-2.fc8              installed
Available Packages
poppler.i386                             0.6.2-2.fc9            texlive
#

Paul