Fedora software to process "egg" photographs?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 19:52:29 UTC 2007

On 01/12/2007, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007 10:13 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > No, the picture is processed on a Windows computer with software
> > provided by the lens manufacturer. I need similar software for Fedora.
> > This is an example of a photo that comes out of the egg lens:
> > http://dotancohen.com/images/examples/eggexample.jpg
> >
> > Here is an example of a processed image that I found on the
> > manufacturer's website:
> > http://www.eggsolution.com/common_docs/galleries/photo/realestate/albumhouseca.htm
> >
> How about something from here:
> http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/
>
> Particularly:
> http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html
>
> Chris

Thank you, Chris. That program needs rectangular input files, not the
disk-shaped files the egg lens produces. The advantage with their
format is that no special lens is needed. The disadvantage is uneven
distortion at different angles.

I have written to the egg manufacturer about a linux version of the
software. Although I do not expect to see fruit, at least I am helping
make the manufacturer aware that the Linux market exists.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.