Interesting message...

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Sat Dec 1 20:20:20 UTC 2007

On Sat December 1 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
> But it took FF a good 35
> seconds to run the first time, that is about 25 seconds too slow.

This is perfectly normal! First time you run FF after a big update, it spends
a bunch of time checking all the plug-ins you've got installed against
possible updated versions - that includes the gazillion language packs

I did notice another thread about pcscd and fans running if I'm not mistaken -
I didn't read it because my machines are both desktops, but check the posts
over the past day or two

As for the rest of the stuff, as you say, easily fixable

Glad it worked out - I got a little vicariously nervous because of your

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA