Yum.conf, Fedoracore2

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Dec 1 20:27:02 UTC 2007

On Saturday 01 December 2007 20:05, Bruce Hyatt wrote:
> I screwed up my yum.conf file and I can't get it back.
>
> I don't remember the whole process, how it happened but right now I am
> using the file from the link found on the fedorafaq.org page and "yum
> update" is returning "ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains
> no section headers."
>
> Where can i find a yum.conf file that will work for installing and updating
> packages?
>
> I'm running fedoracore2 with a 2.6 kernel.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

I'm still using FC2 on one of my 2 machines. FC2 is no longer supported. There
was support from fedora legacy, but that has been ditched now. I  use Apt,
but I do have an /etc/yum.conf, see below.

# $Id: yum-fd.conf 1563 2004-07-15 21:11:23Z dude $

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

[core]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - core
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/core
gpgcheck=1

[updates]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - updates
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/updates
gpgcheck=1

[freshrpms]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms
gpgcheck=1

#[tupdates]
#name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - testing updates
#baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/tupdates

You're not going to get anything from the updates, but may get the core
packages.

The above stuff doesn't give much, but as I've said I use Apt, which I got
from planetccrma, and have added  a few packages recently for FC2 from
planetccrma.

If you want to install Apt from planetccrma, the link is below, and as I say
I'm still able to get new packages, but no updates are available. Firefox,
Opera, and some music apps are no problem, as I upgrade them from downloads
(rpms's, or tarballs) from their respective sites.

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

All the best.

Nigel.