Fedora software to process "egg" photographs?

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 1 22:41:32 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 18:13 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 01/12/2007, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:07:32 +0200
> > Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you Tod. I'm not looking for software to view the Java applets.
> > > I'm looking for software that converts the jpegs that came out of the
> > > camera into Java applets that will run on Fedora.
> >
> > I don't really understand the question.  Do you mean that the outfit that sells
> > this "egg" thing also sells the processing -- that you must send your photo to
> > them  and they (presumably for a fee) create the completed picture?  Sort of
> > like a photo lab where you send them  your film and they return your photos?
> >
> > And that this is the step you're trying to avoid -- that you want to do this
> > processing on your own computer instead?
>
> No, the picture is processed on a Windows computer with software
> provided by the lens manufacturer. I need similar software for Fedora.
> This is an example of a photo that comes out of the egg lens:
> http://dotancohen.com/images/examples/eggexample.jpg
>
> Here is an example of a processed image that I found on the
> manufacturer's website:
> http://www.eggsolution.com/common_docs/galleries/photo/realestate/albumhouseca.htm
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
 <א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Hi, Dotan,
	From what I gather, the viewers accept the egg image and correct it for
luminosity and spherical abberation, then display it in a java user
interface that you can scan through.  Is there an intermediate step I am
missing?  In fact the Egg website uses a newwindow javascript call to
invoke an HTML script, which I believe is the viewer.

	In the link from Chris refering to :
http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html
It appears to refer to the egg images about halfway down, and uses a
java applet to view them.  If I understand you correctly you wish to
have some applet called that captures and setup the album such as is
used by the eff viewer software, so that the arrows around the title
frame will select next or prior images, as is done for the house display
in the real estate album of the egg website.  Is that the issue for you?

Regards,
Les H