Can't set valid fonts in NEdit (Fedora 8)

wwp subscript at free.fr
Sun Dec 2 12:05:20 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I've just installed Fedora 8 from scratch on a D810 laptop, then
migrated my personal files and config elements from my previous FC5
system.

Running NEdit shows unexpected fonts (and thus, size of window is way
too wide). If I try to edit NEdit's font settings, apparently there are
some fonts in the list, but they are invisible. Those invisible font
items in list seem sensitive, and if I click any one, I get an error:
"Invalid Font Specification".

Note: I'm running GNOME and apart from the "Look and Feel/Appearance"
font settings, I did not changed anything related to font settings
anywhere.

Am I missing some fonts packages or whatever?

Regards,

--
wwp