kickstart+part

Chris Snook csnook at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 20:42:26 UTC 2007

Bjorge Solli wrote:
> Empty disk before install, both fedora 7 and 8.
>
> When I use part like this in a ks-file:
> #Partition clearing information
> clearpart --all --initlabel
> #Disk partitioning information
> part /reboot --fstype=vfat --size=256 --asprimary
> part / --fstype=ext3 --size=40000 --asprimary
> part swap --size=2048 --asprimary
> part /scratch --fstype=ext3 --size=1 --grow --asprimary
>
> ..they don't show up in that order. Is there a way to tell fedora to
> keep the order? I tried using anaconda too, with the same result.
>
> regards
> Bjørge
>
> PS. --onpart would not work since the partition table is empty or
> different before install.

I've always done the partitioning in %pre and used onpart.  You can also get
things in the desired order if you use --onpart for only the second out of three
partitions, but I don't know of a way to do this with four partitions.  This
probably deserves a BZ, as it's been around (and annoying) for quite a while.

	-- Chris