Grub clarification

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue Dec 4 02:39:17 UTC 2007

[snip!]
>> I committed the partitions, but when it comes to the grub
>> configuration screen, it shows:
>>
>> [o]	The GRUB boot loader will be installed on /dev/sda
>>
>> Default     Label      Device
>> x             fedora     /dev/sda2
>Are you sure it did not offer your the option to put the boot loader in
>the MBR of /dev/sda?

I do not understand the question.  I am assuming the above is saying
that /dev/sda2 (which is "/") is the boot partition and if this is
a correct assumption, I left it as is.  I did try to redo the entire
setup and chosed the 'Advanced Options', and instead of the default
MBR @ /dev/sda - I choosed the radiobutton of /dev/sda1 - and I assume
this is the same thing?  It is confusing me as to what is the difference
between /dev/sda and /dev/sda1?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.