Games Spin SHA1SUM file

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Dec 4 17:27:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 09:53:01 -0700,
  Steven Collins <spc at programmer.net> wrote:
> I used BitTorrent to download the "games" spin of Fedora 8. The SHA1SUM file
> was unsigned, unlike any previous such file I've seen associated with the
> project. Was this intentional an oversight? Should a detached signature for
> the file be generated and posted to the download page? I for one am leery
> about using an image I can't verify as being officially from the project.

This doesn't directly answer your question, but at this point I wouldn't
recommend using that image anyway. It is relatively easy to make a new
version incorporating updates pushed out since the release.

I made my own games spin a couple of weeks ago to give to some friends, and
I'll be doing another one before Christmas.

You'll want a local copy of Everything and Updates which are 11.1 GB and
1.7 GB, respectively. (You might also want a copy of Updates Testing which
is .6 GB) Then install livecd-tools. There is a sample kickstart file in
/usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-8-games.ks. You can add or remove
games from a copy of that file. That file includes another ks file that
defines the repos to be used. You want to include that file into your
copy of the games ks file and then change the repo definitions to point
to your local repos. Then you can run livecd-creator. This will result
in a bootable dvd image.