Questions about yum verbosity

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Dec 4 20:11:53 UTC 2007

Hello there,

is there a way (that I couldn't find yet) to display the repository
source and the package version in output of `yum check-update` or `yum
search`?

First, I've noticed that yum in Fedora core 8 is less verbose by
default than the yum version I was using in FC5, but I'm somehow
troubled that it doesn't print version info, for instance:
# yum search foobar

will display:
foobar.i386 : some text
..

No idea of what version is proposed (I can't believe it!). No idea too
of what repository is proposing the highest version for foobar (this
might be sensitive when installing stuff from livna, atrpms or
freshrpms, stuff that might conflict during upgrades and I've often
been told not to mix).

Regards,

--
wwp