F8 - Post Install problems....

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Dec 5 01:12:24 UTC 2007

There was a problem with getting F8-Live into accepting network
information, i.e. that for some reason, the hostname, gateway,
dns1, dns2 did not make it into the network configuration files.

What it did do was to put my FQDN hostname, alias into the
127.0.0.1 host file.  I edited the host file to add the line

10.1.0.143	linux.cdkkt.com linux

rebooted, and nothing has changed.

I noticed that no matter what I tried to do to with
Administration->Network tool, the changes are never
committed - permenantly even when I asked for changes
to be saved.

The system remains set into the defaults of:

IP: 169.254.208.135
NM: 255.255.0.0

I cannot find the gateway setting using ifconfig.  Of course
in this case: ipconfig /all in Windows will fail since the
network is not properly setup.

What can I do to force my settings into the network file
configurations?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.