help needed! Is there a Kyro II driver for FC6?

Admin at Island Software admin at islandsoftware.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 10:07:02 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

For historical reasons I have an urgent need to get FC6 running *today*, graphically, on a Kyro II card.  This is a Hercules Prophet
4500, and if I had realised when I first bought it, the compatibility issues I would hit later, I'd have left it on the shelf.

However, that was then, this is now.  Is there *any* prospect that I can get a driver download from somewhere that will solve this?
The card has been recognised as "vesa" during installation, but the vesa driver is not driving it successfully.

Added to that, I seem to recall years back there was an XF86config file or some such, which used to contain possibly dozens of
different config lines specifying blanking intervals, clock rates and the like, but now we seem only to have skeletal data in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf, and the drivers seem to be responsible for deciding their own parameters.  Is there any way to exercise control
of these parameters at driver level, or better still globally for the Xserver?

Cheers,

Mike