Unable to get true 1920x1200 resolution with Fedora 8

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Dec 5 17:14:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:52:48 -0500
Jeremy Nix <Jeremy.Nix at sfsltd.com> wrote:

> 5) My resolution appears to be correct for now, but once I logout and log back in, I will be back to a crappy resolution (1280x960 or similar I think).

I've seen that sort of thing before with the video drivers
thinking I have a dual display and wanting to run at the lowest
resolution it imagines either display has. Don't know what
kind of options the intel driver takes, but perhaps there is
a way to explicitly tell it there is only a single display?
(Or perhaps that isn't the problem at all :-).