Keys that generate ACPI events

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Dec 6 02:27:14 UTC 2007

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em Qua 05 Dez 2007, Tim escreveu:
>> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 18:16 -0300, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
>>> It's a Itautec N8310. I didn't mention before because it's from a
>>> brasilian manufacturer, made for the local market, so I do not
>>> expect you guys have one of these.
>> You could give the output of the dmidecode command, too.  That might
>> identify the mainboard in a recognisable manner.
>

> Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes.
> Base Board Information
>         Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
>         Product Name: Z35HL
>         Version: 2.1
>         Serial Number: bi.out
>         Asset Tag: ATN12345678901234567
>         Features:
>                 Board is a hosting board
>                 Board is replaceable
>         Location In Chassis: MIDDLE
>         Chassis Handle: 0x0003
>         Type: Motherboard
>         Contained Object Handles: 0

There you are, Marcelo. AUSTek is a well-know company, I've been using
their motherboards since around the time of the Pentium.

It also gives some others some reason to look more closely at their own
machines to see whether their systems behave similarly.

You could also try googling a few words about your problem including
(alternately) ASUS and ASUStek.

--

Cheers
John