Accessing Internet through MS ISA Server

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 02:16:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

A couple of years ago, I have used NTLMAPS
(http://ntlmaps.sourceforge.net) to get out of my corporate network
through an MS ISA Server which requires NTLM authentication. At that
time, NTLMAPS was available in Fedora repos.
Today I have faced the same problem again and noticed NTLMAPS is not in
Fedora repos anymore. On the other hand, there are in the repos some
libs for NTLM authentication that I don't think I've seen before.
Is there a better way than using NTLMAPS to authenticate at an ISA
Server these days? I mean, for applications other than Firefox, which
handles NTLM authentication by itself.

Thanks,

Marcelo