gmfsk problem SOLVED

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Dec 7 13:03:20 UTC 2007

Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 12:25pm on Friday, December 07, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:
>

>>    Well I have no idea what padsp gmfsk does but it does solve the
>> problem! I see there is no man for padsp so will need to try Google for
>> more information.
>>

> You (and anyone) should be careful of running command just because
> someone advises it unless you know what they will do first.  After all,
> anyone could easily say run (as root) 'rnn -rf / tmp/someolddirectory'
> (command deliberately misspelled so that it isn't ever used) either out
> of carelessness or maliciousness.  Since you accused someone on this
> mailing list of maliciously hacking your list account and changing the
> sittings this is even more reason to take care.
>
> This is not an attack against anyone (especially Tomasz) on this
> mailinglist, but just what I consider as good advice.  Similar to my
> dad, an electrical engineer, never trusting anyone (including me) to
> unplug something he was working on from the mains, but always unplugging
> it himself.
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve

    Well Steve my problem was because I had a simple password. Running
this device was safe because it ran in my karl login which can't kill
much :-)

    And it was found on Goggle to be a quick fix for older applications
that do not work with the new pulseaudio. It seems this is out to get us
all :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI