firefox randomly spawning mplayer

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Fri Dec 7 15:18:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 07:04 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Is it random, or happens after you've been browsing pages which make use
> of the mplayer plugin?  e.g. Pages with embedded movie clips.

I start Firefox, mplayer immediately starts to spawn and die.

I got it to stop by changing the permissions on the mplayer plugins to
400.  That broke some of the pages I was browsing to (re: couldn't play
embedded media), so restored the permissions and used the one Windows
way: rebooted.  All is well now.

Having to reboot to fix a problem is quite perplexing.  I thought I left
that shit behind many years ago (I've been using Linux distors since RH
7.2).

Regards,

Ranbir
--