about postfix.spec

Nevruz Mesut Sahin databasearia at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 23:10:58 UTC 2007

postfix was already installed but there is no such a file postfix.spec  in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/    also  if I should install any patch whitch package is it. postfix 2.4.5 on fc core 6 is runnuing now.

Blake Hudson <blake at ispn.net> wrote: Nevruz Mesut Sahin wrote:
> Dear friends My system is fedora core 6. Postfix version 2.4.5 was
> installed defoult on the system. Now  I am trying to configure postfix
> dovecot  with mysql support the documents tell that  there is
> postfix.spec file in the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/  but there is not such
> a file to change  %define MYSQL 0  to %define MYSQL 1 but there is no
> such a file do I need to create this file and write in it.

You need to install the postfix srpm package, then compile postfix from
the spec file you mentioned above. Compiling using rpmbuild -ba will
make a new postfix rpm in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 that will replace
your currently installed postfix package.