gmfsk more

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Dec 7 23:43:18 UTC 2007

Rick Stevens wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 15:27 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     This morning I learned that pulseaudio is still making use of
>> /dev/dsp an issue for my application. I am starting gmfsk with padsp
>> gmfsk which works but. I discovered that if I press f2 the padsp drops
>> out with an error:
>>
>> [karl at k5di ~]$ psk31
>> [karl at k5di ~]$ gmfsk: pulsecore/memblock.c:538: pa_memblock_unref:
>> Assertion `pa_atomic_load(&(b)->_ref) > 0' failed.
>> gmfsk: pulse/thread-mainloop.c:169: pa_threaded_mainloop_lock: Assertion
>> `!m->thread || !pa_thread_is_running(m->thread) || !in_worker(m)' failed.
>>
>>     This is no help to me. It is what is printed out after gmfsk
>> disappears.
>>
>> If this makes sense to anyone what is happening?
>>

> I told you to unload pulseaudio.  It interferes with lots of
> applications.  I don't think it's quite ready for prime-time.
>
> 	yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

[root at k5di ~]# yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
Setting up Remove Process
livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
updates                   100% |=========================| 2.3 kB
00:00
No Match for argument: alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
No Packages marked for removal

As I thought I did this so my VLC would work again. But while I was
looking at Users there are still several that calim to be pulseaudio.
Those where not removed by yum.

Karl

>> --
>>
>> 	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>> 	Linux User
>> 	#450462   http://counter.li.org.

> - Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
> - CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
> -           What is a "free" gift?  Aren't all gifts free?           -

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User
	#450462   http://counter.li.org.