Sound, Fedora 8, On Toshiba Satellite P107-S6147

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Dec 8 00:39:40 UTC 2007

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Here is the audio device from lspci -vb:
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
> Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
>        Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems AC97 Data Fax SoftModem
> with SmartCP
>        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
>        Memory at 00000000d0340000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
>        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
>        Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
> Queue=0/0 Enable-
>        Capabilities: [70] Express Unknown type IRQ 0
>

> Here is the modprobe.conf:
>
> cat /etc/modprobe.conf
>
> alias eth0 e100
> alias scsi_hostadapter libata
> alias scsi_hostadapter1 ata_piix
> alias scsi_hostadapter2 qlogic_cs
> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
> options snd-card-0 index=0
> options snd-hda-intel index=0
>

> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Bob

If the advice other have given you does not solve the problem, you
may need to specify a model as well. But I don't know witch one you
would need. I used to use model=auto" on my A105-S4004 with FC6, but
it does not give me the proper mixer controls on F8. When I have
time, I need to play with the setting again.

options snd-card-0 index=0 model=auto
options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=auto

With a configuration like yours, I am missing the PCM and Master
controls, and the line control does strange things.

Mikkel