Users and Groups

Michael A Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Dec 8 06:23:38 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 15:26 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 09:32 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > Part of "contribution" is people writing documentation in areas
> > they feel documentation is lacking.  This is one area where you could
> > contribute.  I'm simply suggesting that you join the process rather
> > than complaining.  You have the power to help and fix things.  Why not
> > take it the opportunity to help?
>
> Please don't suggest things like writing user guides to someone has a
> demonstrated inability to comprehend the subject.  People who don't
> understand something should be reading books, not writing them.

I seem to recall that when all the buggy php web apps getting hacked
started to get noticed, several book publishers hired web programmers
who did not grasp security to write books on php security, resulting in
several books on php security with some blatantly insecure suggestions
on security. If I'm not mistaken, the O'Reilly book was one of them.