[F8] Missing: /usr/share/sendmail.cf directory and contents?

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Sun Dec 9 13:26:30 UTC 2007

Around 01:15pm on Sunday, December 09, 2007 (UK time), Aaron Konstam scrawled:

> On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 18:14 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> > Seems that installing F8 is missing the necessary /usr/share/sendmail-cf
> > directory (and contents) in order to rebuild/reconfigure sendmail.cf from
> > senmail.mc?  Is/was this directory something that was manually added
> > outside of the Fedora installation process?
> >
> > Thanks!
> Ok, shoot me for my ignorance but I was unaware that and directory other
> that /etc/mail was needed to configure sendmail.cf from sendmail.mc.
> The README in /usr/share/sendmail-cf seem to confirm that opinion.
> What do the files in /usr/share/sendmail-cf do for the process?

Bang :-)

This from the top of sendmail.mc:

dnl #
dnl # This is the sendmail macro config file for m4. If you make changes to
dnl # /etc/mail/sendmail.mc, you will need to regenerate the
dnl # /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file by confirming that the sendmail-cf package is
dnl # installed and then performing a
dnl #
dnl #     make -C /etc/mail
dnl #

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 13:24:53 up 71 days, 21 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.17, 0.05, 0.01