kalarm - week starting day

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 9 18:49:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 10:56:29 -0700
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> get a terminal as user
> type kcontrol

Well, that was interesting.

I didn't have kcontrol on this system, so I had to install kdebase, which
dragged in 5 other dependencies (htdig, xorg-x11-xdm,
fedorainfinity-kdm-theme,  kdebase-libs,kde-settings-kdm).

After doing that, I typed kcontrol and went to set the first day of the week.
To my surprise, that setting already said "Sunday".

I checked kalarm and sure enough, the weeks on the calendar start on Sunday.

In the spirit of scientific experimentation, I removed kdebase and those 5
dependencies, and checked kalarm again.  The calendar started on Monday again.

The mere fact that I installed kdebase seems to change the kalarm start-of-week
setting.  This seems a bit counter-intuitive to me -- if the kde default is
Monday, then it should remain Monday until changed and not just magically
change due to the installation of "more kde".

I wonder if I should file a (very minor) but report against kdebase regarding
this issue.