Maximum LVM size Q?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 9 21:48:58 UTC 2007

Greetings;

I've stumbled through the man page, and I've read the /etc/lvm/lvm.conf file
looking for clues and have come up pretty much as dumb as when I started.

I just bought a SATA controller & a 400GB deathstar, with the intention of
putting F8 on it, using about 250 megs for an ext3 boot partition, 20GB each
in ext3 for /home, /opt & /root, and the rest in the lvm2 filesystem.  That
will mean something over 300GB.

Is this beyond whatever size limitations the lvm2 filesystem can handle?

And as an aside, can F8 boot from a sata drive tied to an offboard interface
now?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)