FC8/IcedTea Java Plugin/FireFox/R

Tim Evans tkevans at tkevans.com
Mon Dec 10 03:08:33 UTC 2007

>Yep, I had the same problem.  Very frustrating.  First of all, the sun java
>1.6.X has problems with libxcb, then icedtea applets do not display.
>Grrrr.
>
>My solution was a bit brutish, but I downloaded that latest 1.7 snapshot
>(which is what icedtea is) from http://download.java.net/jdk7/binaries/
>
>Then I ran the following script PLEASE EDIT FOR YOUR OWN PATHS to set it
up >for the the alternatives and plug in.  It works for all java apps
I've

Thanks, Brian.  I downloaded the latest snapshort and tried the script,
but with no luck.  Not quite sure what to try next, or how to verify the
script did the right things.  (firefox 'about:plugins' still references
the old plugin.)  I'd appreciate any more suggestions.
--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.    |   5 Chestnut Court
UNIX System Admin Consulting    |   Owings Mills, MD 21117
http://www.come-here.com/News/  |   tkevans at tkevans.com