F8 Network Woe

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Dec 10 17:34:43 UTC 2007

mike cloaked ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 10/12/2007
18:30:
> Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>

>> I think user is starting NetworkManager at boot-time.....and I guess
>> that NM trashes all his settings: he should not allow NetworkManager
>> start at boot-time...
>>

> Yes indeed - NetworkManager is a likely culprit - but he should not
> need NM anyway - just restart the network manually - I don't
> understand why NM should be used at all in this case.

agree....he must start only network at boot time and not Network Manager
(that is fine for mobile computing....)

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Alice 20 Mega
Mail by Thunderbird 2.0 - Websurfing by Firefox 2.0
Linux Fedora 7 (Moonshine)
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org