F8 Network Woe

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 11 03:04:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 18:08 +0000, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> During the 'init' time it produced the familiar message:
>
>    Error, some other host already uses address 192.168.1.6 [FAILED]

Does the computer have more than one network interface, itself?  Whether
that be wireless and wired, or two of the same.

But generally you'd take that error message at face value.  Perhaps
there is some other device on the network using that address that you're
not aware of.  Pinging the IP isn't a good test, devices don't have to
respond to pings.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386