Evince ram usage

William John Murray W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 12:31:19 UTC 2007

   hello all,
          Evince seems to be broken. Currently eating 2089Mb of ram on
my poor 1G+swap laptop, similar on my desktop. Different machines, one
x86_64, the other with i386. But the both have fglrx - maybe the problem
I suppose. But evince is the symptom, the rest runs fine.

Lots of errors:
cairo context error: NULL pointer

It was brought on by the  same 600K PDF in both cases, but I have had
unresponsive evince for weeks now, probably since using F8. Acroread has
no such problems.

   Any ideas anyone?