Possible Rooktit (was Re: It Works fine)

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Dec 11 12:44:14 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 16:52 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I yummed chkrootkit and ran it and it found no rootkit so it is not
>> the problem.
>>
>> So onward to other causes.
>>

> *IT'S* the keyboard.  Problems like this are invariably down to
> something the user was doing with the keyboard at the time.  Get rid of
> your keyboard.  But sometimes *IT'S* the mouse, better get rid of that,
> too.

    It seems to be more often a action with the mouse that causes the
problem. The mouse is actually a Logitec track ball we old people like
best. I did change from plugging it into the PS2 port to taking the
adapter off and now it is plugged into a USB port.  I will again move it
to PS2 and see if that changes anything.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User