F8 Network Woe

Duncan Berriman duncan at dcl.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 16:29:28 UTC 2007

You haven't by chance copied the ifcg-etho file to another file in the
network-scripts directory, eg to save it whilst you played with it have you?

I did this once and caused myself untold confusion because linux still used
it.

Other option is try pinging the problematic address - does it respond?

If it does unplug each connection on your switch until you find the device
causing it.

If it doesn't ping then do the same but try using that address each time on
your linux box and again you should find out what is using it.

Might be something less obvious like a printer, it was last time I had this
issue, I'd forgotten the printer was wireless.

Duncan

believed to be clean.