list subject

William Hooper whooperhsd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:41:46 UTC 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 1:08 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I'm planning to switch to IMAP and I thought that gmail labels appeared
> as IMAP folders.

That is why I suggested the gmail web interface.  You can label
messages and the labels appear with the messages in the inbox.  I'm
not sure if/how messages that are labeled but in the inbox interact
with IMAP.  I always filter messages out of the inbox so I don't have
a bunch of unrelated lists together.

>  I don't want to have to jump around into different
> folders for every list.  If they still show up in the inbox first with
> the label it would be OK.

They do in the web interface.

Another option might be looking into the Thunderbird tag system.

--
William Hooper