list subject

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:03:49 UTC 2007

William Hooper wrote:

>> I'm planning to switch to IMAP and I thought that gmail labels appeared
>> as IMAP folders.
>
> That is why I suggested the gmail web interface.  You can label
> messages and the labels appear with the messages in the inbox.  I'm
> not sure if/how messages that are labeled but in the inbox interact
> with IMAP.  I always filter messages out of the inbox so I don't have
> a bunch of unrelated lists together.

If I wanted to go different places for different topics, I'd like web
fora better than email.  I don't.

>>  I don't want to have to jump around into different
>> folders for every list.  If they still show up in the inbox first with
>> the label it would be OK.
>
> They do in the web interface.

Yes, gmail's web interface is decent for a web interface, but still no
match for an email client.

> Another option might be looking into the Thunderbird tag system.

I don't always use thunderbird - and when I do it isn't always on the
same machine so I don't want something that depends on a lot of local
configuration.  That's kind of the point of IMAP.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com