access ipod files?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Dec 11 19:18:21 UTC 2007

Chris Jones wrote:

>>> Amarok, just to name one.
>
> A word of caution. When I got my video ipod at the start of this year,
> I tried to get in syncing under linux, using both amarok and gtkpod.
> Both times the thing got corrupted and I was forced to resync under
> iTunes. After that I gave up trying ...
>
> I not saying its impossible - A lot of people manage it. Just saying
> if you screw up your granson's iPod that might, hmm, reduce how
> impressed he is with you ;)
>
> One day I might try again myself, but I wouldn't want to start
> experimenting again with someone else's ipod ...
>
> cheers Chris

Thanks for the warning!  But it didn't work at all when he gave it to me
so I'm safe there.

    I don't know where he was plugging it in to charge it but obviously
    it was a USB without power.  The battery was dead!  All I had to do
    was charge it and it appears to be working.  His complaint was that
    it would not turn on, no lights.  It does that now ...  I don't have
    the headset, just the usb cable that plugs in the bottom.

    Bob Goodwin