list subject

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Dec 11 19:34:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 13:12:32 PM -0600, Les Mikesell
(lesmikesell at gmail.com) wrote:

> >it's smarter, too, isn't it? Spend ~100/200 bucks for a bigger
> >monitor which dissipates more energy (=extra cost and pollution)
> >instead of tweaking one's environment.
>
> But if you buy a new one

if you _have_ the money, you mean? (see the kindness part). Duh

This said:

1) in another message you said that you are looking for a solution
   that doesn't depend on a lot of local configuration. I agree
   with the principle, but the way you're carrying it on this time
   is asking for a lot of reconfiguration by _others, from the list
   admin to all the folks who are perfectly fine the way things stand
   so it's highly unlikely that you're get anything this way.

2) A practical suggestion: I know for sure, because I did some research
   some time ago but can't find the file right now, that there are
   several scripts for semi-automatic management of IMAP local or
   remote folders. Your best bet is to look if they can talk to Gmail
   to rewrite the subjects there, move messages from the inbox to
   another inbox rewriting the subject on the fly, something like
   this. Let us know if this work, and good luck.

Marco

--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software!
http://digifreedom.net